- Sleep Easy
9th March 2019 - 10th March 2019
7:00 pm - 7:00 am
Did you know there are an estimated 4,750 people sleeping rough across the country on any one night? Yet for every rough sleeper in Exeter there are dozens more who are sleeping on a friend’s sofa, in a car or on the move night after night. Sleep Easy is our annual sponsored sleep-out that aims to raise thousands of pounds for YMCA Exeter. This money is essential in providing Supported Accommodation for local young people as well as services in Mental Health and Enterprise to prevent the cycle of homelessness reoccurring.
WHEN? Saturday 9th March, 2019, 7pm – 7am
WHERE? Barnfield Crescent, Exeter, EX1 1QT
Once registered we will equip you with a fundraising pack including all the event details as well as information on how to set up a JustGiving page and completing a paper sponsorship form. Follow our Social Media pages too for great content you can share with your friends and family. For more information email us on email@example.com or call us on 01392 410530, selecting option 4.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE NIGHT…
- Pop-up café with refreshments run by our residents
- Film hub showing powerful documentaries
- Meeting new people (it will be the most unusual networking event you attend this year!)
- Memories that will impact you for a lifetime
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By registering to take part in YMCA Exeter’s Sleep Easy you are agreeing to the following conditions of entry:
1. Sleepers must be at least 11 years of age by 8th March 2019 to participate and if under 18 they must be accompanied by a participating adult. If the sleeper is under 11 years old, they must have the explicit permission from their parent to attend, and that parent will also be registered to attend the whole event.
2. You must pay a non-refundable registration fee, which is £10. This covers the cost of refreshments and administration of the event. This fee is payable when you sign up to take part and secures your place at the event.
3. The aim of the Sleep Easy event is to raise as much money as possible to support the YMCA’s work locally. We ask that all participants commit to raising as much money as they can (target £250) through sponsorship or other fundraising methods.
4. You must send any sponsorship money and other funds that you raise to YMCA Exeter as soon as possible. Please bring all collected sponsorship with you to Sleep Easy on 9th March, 2019.
5. If for any reason you choose not to, or are unable to take up your place at the event, all sponsorship forms and money collected must be forwarded to YMCA Exeter.
6. As this event takes place overnight in outside venues and extremes of weather could be experienced, participants are responsible for their own medical condition and ensuring they are fit to take part. Please consult your doctor if you suffer from heart, joint, back or breathing problems or any other medical condition that may affect your ability to take part.
7. You must confirm that, as far as you are aware, you are currently in a good state of health and that you will not take part unless you are in a good state of health at the time of the event.
8. You are taking part in the event at your own risk. Neither the YMCA nor any third party organisers of Sleep Easy events will have any responsibility for any risk, loss or costs incurred by you in connection with the event.
9. Neither the YMCA or third party organisers of Sleep Easy events will carry insurance in relation to your participation in the event. Should you judge that additional insurance is necessary it is your responsibility to obtain this.
10. Photographs taken at the event may be used by the YMCA in future publicity material. You must notify the organisers of the event if you do not want your photograph to be used for this purpose.
11. Participants will not engage in any activity that would place the interests and reputation of the YMCA at risk.
12. There will be strictly no alcohol allowed at Sleep Easy 2019.
13. Smoking is restricted to designated areas.
14. You are responsible for your own safety during the event and should take reasonable care to ensure the safety of other participants. In the interest of your own safety and that of others you agree to comply with all instructions and guidelines given by the YMCA, the organisers and persons acting on their behalf.
15. The YMCA reserves the right to refuse entry to the event at their discretion.