Help us raise £10,000 towards our new Mental Health and Wellbeing Project
In a recent survey, 87% of our young people said they suffer with self-harm, depression and anxiety. In our supported accommodation alone, there is typically one suicide attempt per week.
It is therefore a matter of urgency we act to support those in extreme crisis and build resilience so our young people can become flourishing members of Exeter’s community.
Our annual Gala Dinner is a perfect opportunity for each of us to demonstrate our support for young people across Exeter and East Devon, showing them just how much we care.
Friday 11th October 2019
6:30pm – Midnight
Woodbury Park Hotel & Golf Club, EX5 1JJ
£55 per person – £500 table of 10*
(*Limited number of discounted tickets available until 31st July)
The evening includes:
- Silent auction
- Drinks reception
- Three course meal & coffee
- Key note address by TEDX speaker and Mental Health Champion Gill Hayes
- Entertainment from The Honest John Band
To book your tickets use the ticket selector on this page or to request a company invoice email email@example.com.
For more details about the event and the Mental Health Project we are fundraising for call our team on 01392 410530 and select option 4.
To make a hotel reservation and make the most of our discounted room rates please contact Woodbury Park Hotel on 01395 233382.
Our Resilience Project
We are raising funds to develop and enhance our Mental Health and Wellbeing support for young people and children living in Exeter and East Devon.
Our multi-year project will enable young people to build their personal resilience and provide peer support for each other struggling to cope. We plan to:
- Design a mental health toolkit to develop their coping strategies and recognise crisis warning signs in others
- Train young peer mentors to talk about their experience in awareness raising workshops in local schools, churches and businesses
- Signpost young people who require crisis intervention to trained practitioners and counsellors
- Design a digital platform for young people to monitor their wellbeing Helping to design with young people our digital platform to help monitor health and wellbeing
If you can’t attend our Gala Dinner but would like to donate towards our project then head to our Donate Page. Alternatively you can use the following bank account details to make a BACS transfer:
YMCA Exeter Community Projects
Account number: 00029194
Sort code: 40-52-40