As a local charity, we work with young people who need our help the most. They have often been homeless, experience poor mental health and can lack purpose for their lives.
Since 1846, we have continuously adapted to meet the needs of young people in each generation and the demands of Covid-19 are once again requiring us to deliver services in new and innovative ways.
The consequences of Covid-19 are far-reaching and the young people we support are really starting to feel the mental and physical effects. From increased anxiety and social isolation, to loosing employment and struggling to access food, we are supporting young people in the ways they need it most.
During this global pandemic, our additional support includes:
- Increasing our rent bursary fund so residents can access small grants that will help them meet their rent if they have lost employment
- Offering food hampers for those who are self-isolating and can’t get to Exeter Foodbank
- Collecting prescriptions for those who need medication yet are self-isolating
- Running a Resources page on our website, providing helpful tools to cope with increased anxiety and isolation
- Sharing special wellbeing tips and advice on our Instagram page
By making either a regular or one-off donation, you will help us maintain our service provision, meet increased local need and really champion young people across the region.
Become a Friend
Please consider making a single donation or becoming a Friend of YMCA Exeter to make a donation each month. You can become a Friend by setting up a standing order with your bank to the following details or by using the CAF form below. Friends receive membership to our e-newsletter and exclusive invitations to our gratitude events throughout the year:
- Account name: City of Exeter YMCA
- Account number: 00982170
- S/C: 12-13-55 Ref: Friends
For every £1 of income we receive:
- 77p is spent on providing supported accommodation, mental health intervention and community support initiatives
- 15p is spent on Christian leadership and governance
- 8p is spent on fundraising and generating sustainable income
- Service provision
- Leadership and governance
- Fundraising and income
Leave a gift in your Will
As we move towards our 175th anniversary in 2021, we invite you leave a gift in your Will and help us leave a legacy in Exeter that will last for many years to come. Your gift will help ensure that YMCA Exeter is here in another 175 years.
This could be a gift of £175, £1,750 or £17,500 to help celebrate our 175th Anniversary, or it could be any other amount you choose at your discretion.
To help you in your journey, please call our team on 01392 410530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a confidential, no obligation chat.
To speak to us about fundraising, making a donation or how we spend our income, please contact our Fundraising Manager, Bethan Spencer: