Wellbeing Practitioner for Children and Young People (CWP) – In training
Full-time (37.5 hours per week), Salary NHS Band 4 – £21,892. Fixed-Term Contract until 10th January 2022 with the possibility of the role continuing beyond this, dependant on funding.
We are looking for 2 Trainee Wellbeing Practitioners to join our staff team at YMCA Exeter. This is a training role within the Children and Young Peoples’ Improving Access to Psychological Therapies programme alongside University of Exeter.
The post holders will work within YMCA as part of a multi-disciplinary team. This team delivers supervision and evidence-based interventions for children and young people experiencing mild to moderate anxiety, low mood and behavioural difficulties. The post holders will attend all university based taught and self-study days required by the education provider. They will also work in the service for the remaining days of the week using their newly developed skills.
For further information, please contact us by emailing email@example.com or call 01392 410530. To apply for the post, please email your application and a covering letter stating how you think you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 26th October 2020.
- Generous Pension Contribution – You will be automatically enrolled into our pension scheme where, if you contribute 3% of your earnings we will match it with 7% contribution.
- Holidays – 38 days paid holiday per year inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working hours – Where possible we endeavour to find working hours that fit with your family and personal life commitments.
- Discounted retail vouchers – From Virgin experience days to travel companies, high street retailers down to your local supermarket, our rewards offer a range to suit everyone.
- Health care scheme – Offering you money back off your dentist, opticians, prescriptions and other health care bills.
- Discounted Gym membership – A range of discounts on local gyms including David Lloyd, Pure Gym, Fitness First and LRG online gym.
- Cycle 2 Work scheme – a tax free bike and equipment spread over interest free monthly payments.
- Ongoing professional development – Training and development is essential. We invest in training for all, from eLearning at your leisure to part time degree courses, we will explore all options to grow your skills and achieve greater impact as an organisation.
- Long service awards – We love to celebrate! So when you have served at the YMCA for 1, 5 or 10 years we want to recognise that!
To be kept up to date about other jobs as we advertise them, sign up below.
Important Note: Please note that, as an organisation fully committed to the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, a thorough vetting process is carried out as part of the appointment process, including verification of any required qualifications, verification of identity, taking of references and a DBS check as appropriate.