Why we do what we do
As a local YMCA, we fully support the Vision of the YMCA Federation, which is “of an inclusive Christian movement transforming communities so that all young people can belong, contribute and thrive.”
Our local vision is to see communities transformed into places characterised by love, joy, peace and hope where all young people can become everything they were created to be and our local mission is to demonstrate Christ’s love through practical service that empowers young people and their communities to flourish.
- We seek out: We actively look for opportunities to make a transformative impact on young lives in the communities where we work, and believe that every person is of
- We welcome: We offer people the space they need to feel secure, respected, heard and valued; and we always protect, trust, hope and persevere.
- We inspire: We strive to inspire each person we meet to nurture their body, mind and spirit and to realise their full potential in all they do.
- We speak out: We stand up for young people, speak out on issues that affect their lives and help them to find confidence in their own voice.
- We serve others: We are committed to the wellbeing of the communities we serve and believe in the positive benefit of participation, locally and in the wider world.
- Faith: We believe God deeply cares about us, our work and those we serve, so we trust him and prayerfully seek his help in all we do.
- Courage: We will do all we can in God’s strength, challenging injustice and overcoming obstacles to bring positive change in the communities we serve.
- Excellence: We will seek to provide the best possible service in every aspect of our work.
- Service: We want the way we treat our clients and the way we behave towards each other to be characterised by an attitude of compassion and service.
- Integrity: We are committed to truthfulness, honesty, transparency and accountability in everything we do
Use the navigation menu to find out more about who we are and how to get involved.