- Sleep Easy
14th March 2020 - 15th March 2020
7:00 pm - 7:00 am
Last year only 1 in 4 homeless young people in Exeter were successfully housed in safe and warm one bed accommodation due to a significant lack of housing being available.*
We need to do more.
Sleep Easy is YMCA Exeter’s annual sponsored sleep-out that raises thousands of pounds in order for us to continue providing, building and maintaining clean and safe supported accommodation for homeless young people.
2020 marks the 10th year of Sleep Easy and since 2011 YMCA Exeter has been able to provide ongoing housing support to over 1000 young people, empowering them to experience fullness of life in body, mind and spirit.
We have allsorts of activities planned for Sleep Easy 2020 including:
- An ex-marine providing Bear Grylls-style survival games
- Providing hot soup and cakes to the rough sleeping community
- A Lego Serious Play workshop focussed on homelessness
- Cardboard castle competition
- A mindfulness and prayer space
- A Q&A about homelessness
- Late night movie showing
- A visit from Exeter Street Pastors to hear about their experiences
Get sponsored, help us raise our goal of £25,000 and sleep rough so others don’t have to.
*Source: Devon Home Choice, April 2018-March 2019.
Venue: Barnfield Crescent